Thursday, March 4, 2010

Me and Music

I remember when the King of Pop, Michael Jackson died, I was in Babbitt Mn at my grandpa's house. I was 18 years old at the time. I remember my dream people kept screaming "MICHAEL'S DEAD MICHAEL'S DEAD!" I woke up to the news and some man was saying "Michael Jackson died this morning." Even though he was more popular when my parents where teenagers. (Just thought I'd put it in here since it happened when I was a teenager.)

I mostly listened to rap, hip hop, and rock. Even though there was tons of different Genres of music back then like, Rap, Rock, Hip Hop, R&b, Emo, Screamo, Rock, Techno, Metal, Country, Pop. Theres more just not a lot more. The one concert I went to was N'SYNC, oh man was that fun, I was like 13 at the time but still fun. It was mainly my mom's idea to go. (Which was awesome for me because I love N'SYNC.)

The older generation either listened to old music or listened to what we listened to. But some people decided to blame the music we listened to on some things people did that where illegal. Some people acted out from the music not going to lie and say they didn't but it wasn't mainly the music like some people like to say it was. The music scene influences a lot though. Like for instances, hair, clothes, how people talk, and how people walk. Screamo bands pretty much influenced the tight jeans and shaggy hair, Techno influenced the neon colors to us. (Even though bright colors was in the 80's and 90's).

Rap and Hip hop where mainly just free verses of people rhyming and people selective dancing. Techno brought out more of the beats instead of the words. Some of us still listened to the alternative rock, but more of the new stuff instead of Nirvana (Big fan of Nirvana), the Cure, Violent Femmes, the Pixies, They Might Be Giants, Voice of the Beehive, and Nine Inch Nails. Our alternative rock is more of Paramore, Three doors down, Three days grace, Linkin Park, and similiar stuff to that. The alternative rock bands have majorly changed from the 90's and 80's.

I just hope that the music in the future doesn't suck, and when I have teenage children I can be one of those "Cool" moms that listen to their music. And they listen to some of the music I listened to that made a huge influence on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment